May 31, 2005
Typed on 5/31 but aged to perfection today.
I have limited access here at work and since I have dial up at home what is the point, it sucks ass. I do not blog well after 2:00 AM. So I take my shots when I can. Well back from the weekend and hard at work here in Narnia. I swear if Mr. Tumnas drops another project on me I am going to beat the Turkish Delight out him. The Better Half and I had a wonderful weekend, after feeling like crap on Friday. Here is what we got accomplished:
1. Got tires for the Boski mobile. I just was not happy to have tires I could see my reflection in.
2. We did our best to spur on the economy. You give us the cash and we will put people to work.
3. First BBQ of the season, and it went off with out a hitch. No Black Widows trying to bag a burger.
4. Watched a great documentary on Shane McGowan from 2001. It was on our cables On-Demand section so we demanded it. It was a great look at him and his a career. If you want to see a great documentary about a true original then watch “If I Should Fall from Grace”. It has everything you could ask for. It has music, a great story, the worst set of teeth ever and the greatest set of mutton chops. There was a gentleman in the documentary who had more then mutton chops. He had a whole heard of sheep. You only see the man for a moment but it is one you will never forget. Just think of Chester A. Arthur , but on roids. After watching it I told the better half that I wanted to learn how to speak Shane. She replied, so you are going to learn, English, Gaelic and Slestak.
5. Finally sat down and watched “Waiting for Gufman”. Loved it. After the movie I had to be talked down that the “My Dinner with Andre” Action Figures did not exist. Rats. This one topped “A Mighty Wind” and “Best In Show”. Even though I still love Fred Willard’s play by play in the “Best in Show”.
6. Watched the Sox salvage the weekend by winning one in the 9th. A game that should have been won in the top of the 9th not the bottom of the ninth. Saving the Sox from a really lost weekend. Good to see Big Frank back, oh wait he hurt himself. Arrrg. Well it worked out today. Thanks Timo “Maas” Perez. Also it was nice to see that they gave Ozzie an extension through 2008.
Well I must get back to it.
May 26, 2005
Hey Donald this would not be such a problem if we actually told the truth, did things properly. Just a thought.
John Bolton the only thing that is worse than your people skills is Michael Bolton’s hairline. To make you U.N. Ambassador would be more horrendous than any album Michael Bolton has ever conceived.
Wow, the Star Wars Kids may have someone to laugh at now.
What do you mean having the Hell’s Angels doing security that something could go wrong? Took them long enough to figure it out. All the time I thought it was Jerry Garcia who did it.
What the last two elections didn’t tell you something. I did find humor that the story’ date line is from Chicago. The city where the dead loved Mayor Daly Sr. so much that they continued to vote from the Great Beyond.
Ken Jennings stops juicing look what happens.
From across the Pond
The Queen will not be amused.
Why do we need the Spice Girls back, even if it is for a good cause? Maybe if we get them all together we can finally get them back into captivity. After them next up Westlife.
Black day for livers in Liverpool.
Well that is all from now, please enjoy our hard hitting interview with the cast of Kate and Allie.
This just in. How did I miss this. It is as if Oscar Gamble’s fro and Einstein’s hair had a child. Phil, I must draw you.
May 26, 2005
Last night after a hard day trying to avoid responsibility at work, but failing. I returned home to Fortress of Boskitude for a quiet evening. The Better Half and I enjoyed an evening of baseball. Sitting back watching the White Sox win again. With the Twins losing, I feel pretty this morning. Oh I know it is not over by a long shot, but still 6 games. Again last nights game, quick. I know I harped on it last night but 2:44 minutes used to be the middle innings for most American league games. Back when the players were juiced.
Well I must get back to pretending to be going along with the “Man’s” program and work.
Please take a moment and shop the gift store. We have a new shipment of Eddie Rabbitt cassettes.
May 25, 2005
Why is it I can turn a simple post into Steven King’s “The Stand”. While in high school and college I had trouble reaching the minimum on words for an assignment? Why, Why?
May 25, 2005
Jerry Rice a Bronco.
First it was the Cleveland Refugee program. Next came Clarrett. Then it was a punter who juicing. Now Jerry Rice. I hope you know what you are doing Shanahan. If he can pull off a spot in the post-season and a playoff win or two, then he will truly be the Mastermind. This pick up would have been great 10 years agony, hell I would have taken 3 years ago. Right now I all I can imagine is the black hole we have had at WR. Other than McCaffery and Smith and possibly Lelie we have not had decent WR’s since the Amigo’s (Jackson, Johnson, Nattiel) and the Gringo (Watson).
Look at what they have tried:
Patrick Jeffers (yes he did have a 1,000 yrd season, but not with Den.)
Eddie Kennison (I will end with this one since Kennison like quitting)
and so on and so on.
But I am hoping Jerry will give us one year. He owes that. I still have nightmare of seeing him run free in Super Bowl XXIV scoring TD after TD.
Well will see.
Now back to Sheriff Lobo vs. Space 1999
May 25, 2005
Just like 83, it does not look pretty but they get it done. Had a good night at the yard even with the $8.50 I paid for a Harp. Sat through a terse 11 Inning pitching duel with the righteous, valiant Defenders of Democracy 2 and Really Good Team with a regionally alienating team name 1. It was an excellent pitchers duel, Buehrle vs. Colon. Both were just cruising along. The amazing thing was that the 11 innings took under 3 hours. Wow I remember a time when any game Pudge use to catch, that 3 hours would get you to about the 7th inning. I thought we were screwed after having a go-ahead run cut down at the plate in the 9th. Then the Angels get Figgins on, move him over. Then Ozzie makes a move I thought was going to blow up in his face. He walks Cabrera to get to Anderson. Sure I see you want left-hander vs. left-hander and now you have a shot at the DP. But Anderson is the one who roped a double down the line in the 6th to tie this game up. But it worked. Buehrle got Anderson to pop up. Then got Rivera to ground out to first, which almost ended in disaster. I did not think Buehrle was going to get there to cover, but he did. All the time I had visions of Figgins scoring to end it. Instead the Sox made the plays and did enough to win. Last years team that game is over in the 9th.
Maybe, just maybe, my optimism is warranted. That we have come to the point were the Fates feel we have suffered enough for 1919. Dare I dream? I am getting to the point were if they let me down this season. I am going to get a cue ball, put it in a sweat sock and beat the bejesus out of all of them.
So again I would like to thank the King of the Desert Hooligans for the ticket and for having to hear me loose my voice.
May 24, 2005
Well I got some good news along with bad. The bad is, just when I thought I had this boulder pushed up the hill with this temp assignment. Bam! I am back under that boulder at the bottom of that hill. I got extended another week. What am I a lounge act. Now extended another week, Boski and the Diphthongs! Come and listen as Boski plays the copier, the staple remover and warms your heart with his version of filing! Well at least this means they like me well enough to keep me. But I know the bronze deer and the elves in customer service are going to give me crap for this.
On the plus side I off to Anaheim to see the Sox. I feel as mayor of White Sox village it is my civic duty. This could turn into another minus if I am subjected to a beating, but we will see. My friend, the King of the Desert Hooligans scored the tix. This season is rekindling my love of baseball. I do not know if it will ever surpass football, but I would like to get back some of the love. I do not think I have been the same since 94. The Sox were going to win it all I know this and you know this. But I blame the Cubs. They had something to do with the strike not being resolved. But it will be a nice night at Anaheim.
Thank you, please relax to the dulcet tones Rosie Perez Glee Club.